My first monogrammed pillowcase wasn't too hard.
I have been trying out pillowcases lately, and also have had a thing for letters for the last year or so. I love monograms! So, today I decided to just try one.
First, I used a word-processing program to print out several "m"s in various fonts, at about a 200 point size.
Then I found a little piece of linen, and redrew the M i liked to a size that would fit on the linen.
I traced the M in pencil, and then used 2 strands of green embroidery floss to outline the letter in a simple backstitch. There were some largish open areas inside the M that I filled in with some french knots.
I started a pillowcase with some compatible fabrics, and appliqued the linen to the end flap during the sewing of the pillowcase. The background fabric was shadowing through the linen, so I just slipped in a rectangular piece of cotton behind the linen.
I finished the pillowcase and was very pleased with myself!!
Somehow we managed to arrive at June already. Last month was a lot of fun. The highlight being the Regina Prairie Piecemakers Quilt Show. ...
A little while ago, I made an important discovery relating to machine quilting. If you're like me you use your regular sewing machine...
Even though I am now home, I have some nice memories, and now for some wonderful quilts, the photo of the quilt should be followed by the n...
I have quite a small stash of fabrics here. that is, aside from a tall pile of 1930's fabrics. I was quite enthusiastic about them ...
i am currently in Houston at the Quilt Market. I want to post lots of photos so that you can all see a bit of whats going on here, yesterda...