My first monogrammed pillowcase wasn't too hard.
I have been trying out pillowcases lately, and also have had a thing for letters for the last year or so. I love monograms! So, today I decided to just try one.
First, I used a word-processing program to print out several "m"s in various fonts, at about a 200 point size.
Then I found a little piece of linen, and redrew the M i liked to a size that would fit on the linen.
I traced the M in pencil, and then used 2 strands of green embroidery floss to outline the letter in a simple backstitch. There were some largish open areas inside the M that I filled in with some french knots.
I started a pillowcase with some compatible fabrics, and appliqued the linen to the end flap during the sewing of the pillowcase. The background fabric was shadowing through the linen, so I just slipped in a rectangular piece of cotton behind the linen.
I finished the pillowcase and was very pleased with myself!!
Yesterday we went to town and got me a new laptop. I had been thinking about this for the past several months. My laptop was getting a bit...
A couple of days ago, I saw an idea that I just had to try, It is covering a wooden hanger with fabric, I decided to do it in steps. So f...
Today was the final day that we spent at the convention center looking at quilts and shopping. Last night they gave the awards as well. Ad...
I've recently become more interested in applique as a result of adding the applique option to the Saturday Surprise blocks. As in most ...
When I made the page about the works in progress, I only listed the ones in Saskatoon. Now that I am in Savannah, I must own up to the fact...