Saturday, March 27, 2010

Store Samples

Finally, I put a binding on a quilt this morning.  Part of what i do is to make samples to put up at the store.  Sometimes it is to show a new quilt pattern-- usually it is to be the model for a kit using a group of fabrics that are new to us.  However, it is inevitable that some of the samples I sew never make it to the shop.  This is for a variety of reasons.  Sometimes, it just turns out not to be a pretty quilt.  Or,  something comes up that delays my sewing the quilt, and before I know it, the fabric has been selling, and there isn't enough left to make up the kits.  On occasion I'll take in just the quilt top before it's been quilted, although I really avoid this, as I like to have all the samples to be finished items.  As a result of all this, I often have a couple of  several things in my sewing room that need to be finished, but that won't end up at the shop. 
One such project is this shoo-fly quilt.  I picked up a package of fat quarters of this fabric by Benartex in Houston over 2 years ago, before the fabric was released.  Started the quilt, the fabrics got ordered, arrived some months later, sold most of them, the rest went into clearance, and still my quilt was unfinished.... until today that is.  It is in the washing machine at the moment, since i always wash them as soon as they're bound.  And it will be all spring-like just in time for easter!!

Also sewed up some more tea towels.  I'm not sure why, because I have so many, but you know how it is when you just Have To. 

Hope you're having a great weekend!!! m

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;