Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Long Weekend!

I'm up at the cabin at Sled Lake for the long weekend.  It's been cool and overcast.  However, we have a fireplace, so that's okay.  Also, I have my knitting and that is really cool!  I got a new knitting book on Friday, called Greetings from the Knit Cafe, and it has some really great projects in it.  I have been inspired to knit a sweater! That is the biggest project I have tackled since my return to knitting a couple of years ago.  It is turquoise and white, and since I only have one ball of each, we'll see how far that takes me.  I foresee another trip to the yarn store when I get back home. 
There were quite a few Canada geese here yesterday, but they are gone today, i hope they stay away.  But, this morning at about 7:30 (yes, I was awake and up and about!) there was a little fox just relaxing on the small beach we have here. 
Later, I'm planning to see if I can upload some photos-- I'm on a different computer here, so we will see if I can get them from my camera to it. 
Aside from that, I have been practicing banjo on and off.  I started this last week sometime, and am enjoying it so far.
I hope you're all having a nice lazy Saturday too!  I imagine that a lot of people are planning to do gardening this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;