Friday, September 23, 2011

Paducah

 Yesterday we were in Paducah, Kentucky.  It is a pleasant town of about 25,000 people.  We went to Eleanor Burns quilt shop, which was very pleasant, and then to the Quilt Museum.  It had amazing quilts, as you would expect.  No photography allowed, so I can't show you.  However, this is their lobby and meeting room:

 they have a lot of lovely stained glass windows,
and there was a case full of Yo-yo things,
 Did you have a yo-yo clown as a child? I remember that we did,
 finished touring the museum just in time for lunch.  As a stroke of luck, it was BBQ fest right beside the museum with dozens of BBQ booths. 


4 comments:

  1. I love travelling with you! Such fun!
    and didn't everyone have a "yoyo" doll?? I had actually forgotten about that!
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my yo-yo clown. It's 43 yrs old! Continued happy travels! ps the bbq looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the yo-yo clown from my gramma's house! I'm like Flo - I had forgotten about it till I saw the picture. Glad you are nejoying your trip.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of when I made a yo-yo clown doll. I was probably about 12.
    I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;