Well. over the past several months, I've been a pinterest user, and have noted many little projects that I wanted to try. This week I determined to do some of those little odd projects.
1. Paper piecing hexagon project.
I did a table runner last month using the paper hexagons, and enjoyed doing that project. I wanted to try another project using another less common arrangement of the hexagons.
In this block, I just made 12 hexagons, sewed them together in a diamond shape, and appliqued the whole piece over a little bit of toile,
2. Another thing I wanted to try was a Union Jack block.
|Union Jack quilt block|
3. I wanted to knit a boxy basket shape out of wool on really big needles and felt it. So I did. However, the top edge didn't shrink up as much as the bottom of the box, and it was really floppy. So I just folded over the wall to make it half as tall, and it is sort of rounded. Whatever, it seems to work okay to hold stuff on the coffee table
4. Little key chain rings. Pretty easy. Just some free motion stitching holding the layers together, and the little loop to go over the ring part.
5. Little knitted Christmas trees. The idea is to sew buttons on to the trees to make them look decorated.
6. When I got back to my sewing room here in Savannah last week, I saw that I had left these Sampler blocks up on my design wall. So I decided to sew setting blocks and put them together into a top.
Well, that's today's round-up on what I've been doing. Except for one other project, which I will make another post on later.
On another note, I'm glad that many people are finding the coupon for 40% off an item at the store. If you haven't used it yet, you can print off a copy of the coupon here . It is good up until December 24th. Also, Miriam sent me a photo of the Kaffe Fassett shot cottons that arrived!!!