Sunday, February 3, 2013

Update on my ribbon handbag

This is a photo of the project I did the other day where I tried weaving ribbons to make a panel:
I combined the panel with some pretty, pale blue-green velveteen,
 It uses an "internal metal spring purse frame" for the top opening. 
 I sewed a row of pockets into the lining to store important things like scissors and eyeglasses.  You can see many of my english paper pieces in the bottom!
I was fortunate in having some purse straps on hand.  So that is my carpetbag project carrier!

9 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Michelle! Fantastic use of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully done! i've never worked with one of those purse frames, although i have one in my stash - you may have spurred me on!
    and that's a very fine selection of ribbons you have in the store! well - some of them aren't in the store any longer....hee hee hee!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I understand what you're saying-- by the way, once I figured out what to do with the frame it was pretty easy to do, so if you aren't sure how to sew the casing for it, just let me know, I googled it pretty thoroughly,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out fantastic!! I love the purse frame - keeps it closed so the little things don't fall out. Clever.

    The green velveteen was a great choice, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new take on the carpet bag - looks great. I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag turned out so beautifully...I love the inner frame too. Alas, I've given in to my weakness for ribbon! Okay, okay...my weakness for all things fabric, fibre and pretty, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag turned out so beautifully...I love the inner frame too. Alas, I've given in to my weakness for ribbon! Okay, okay...my weakness for all things fabric, fibre and pretty, lol!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;