This is a photo of the project I did the other day where I tried weaving ribbons to make a panel:
I combined the panel with some pretty, pale blue-green velveteen,
It uses an "internal metal spring purse frame" for the top opening.
I sewed a row of pockets into the lining to store important things like scissors and eyeglasses. You can see many of my english paper pieces in the bottom!
I was fortunate in having some purse straps on hand. So that is my carpetbag project carrier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
print friendly
Recent topics;
-
Because I've been in Savannah lately, Nancy has been emailing me photos of the new fabrics thathave been arriving. This week we got an...
-
I just linked up to a couple of wip wednesdays, the Canadian TN & TN, (the Needle and Thread Network), and Freshly Pieced, http://www....
-
A giveaway draw is something that I haven't done on this blog before, although I have seen it done by others. However, a few months ago...
-
There are large mysteries, and small. One thing that perhaps you can assist with is to identify what this mysterious object is: (I bought...
-
If you haven't entered already, be sure to enter the giveaway for 5 fat quarters, which we will do the drawing for on Wednesday, May 2...
Thanks Patti!
ReplyDeletebeautifully done! i've never worked with one of those purse frames, although i have one in my stash - you may have spurred me on!
ReplyDeleteand that's a very fine selection of ribbons you have in the store! well - some of them aren't in the store any longer....hee hee hee!
cheers
molly
Ha ha, I understand what you're saying-- by the way, once I figured out what to do with the frame it was pretty easy to do, so if you aren't sure how to sew the casing for it, just let me know, I googled it pretty thoroughly,
ReplyDeleteThat turned out fantastic!! I love the purse frame - keeps it closed so the little things don't fall out. Clever.
ReplyDeleteThe green velveteen was a great choice, too...
A new take on the carpet bag - looks great. I'm sure you will enjoy using it.
ReplyDeleteYour bag turned out so beautifully...I love the inner frame too. Alas, I've given in to my weakness for ribbon! Okay, okay...my weakness for all things fabric, fibre and pretty, lol!
ReplyDeleteYour bag turned out so beautifully...I love the inner frame too. Alas, I've given in to my weakness for ribbon! Okay, okay...my weakness for all things fabric, fibre and pretty, lol!
ReplyDeleteawesome!
ReplyDelete