pulled out my millefiori quilt a week or two ago, intending to finish it by the end of the month. I had started this quilt earlier this year and had completed the top sometime this spring. It was quite an engrossing project.
I had been wondering about how to quilt this type of project and my first thoughts were to just do a simple meander over the whole thing. It is a pretty complex design so I don't know how much the quilting will show up on it.
but I added borders to it the other day, and now it measures up to be 96" x 114" and that seems like a lot of meandering to do. Meandering can become a bit tedious on a large project.
so I have just decided to have a little more fun with the quilting and do something different in each of the blocks. There is still a bit of stippling in the little white and blue hexagons that form the background.
I think all so after having done one Rosette that I will switch out the white top thread for different colors as I go.
today I am trying to think of different patterns to put into each rosette. I'm trying this technique where you place vinyl over the quilt itself and use a dry erase marker to plan out your designs. This seems to be working pretty well.
I still have quite a bit of planning to do.