Friday, August 17, 2012

Some summer stitching

I've been telling people that I haven't blogged much lately because I haven't been sewing anything and therefore haven't had anything to say. That's mostly true but I did sew up a quilt top lately made out of strips sewn on to a fabric foundation. It is a sew and flip technique
I thought it would be nice to have a little gray border around the edge but I think this grey is a little too dark. I will have to wait until we get more of the lighter grey in but it's been backordered, alas.
I also tried a bit of crochet the other day with this fat grey wool yarn. I'm not topside where I'm going with it whether it will be a chunky little blanket or maybe a felted throw rug....
I justcame upon this amazing use of cross stitch, it is a scene capture so the URL where i got it is at the top of the photo.
Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i like the little blanket/throw rug....it's getting towards the time of year where a warm little spot to put your toes is a good thing!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;