Monday, December 17, 2012

Felted Pouf

What is a felted pouf? I'm not sure.  I saw it on Pinterest and had to make one.
This was the original site that I saw.  LA Love.  However, you can google the words "crocheted pouf, and get lots of other versions too. 

Well, I did the two parts, and made them about 24 inches in diameter. 

Wove the chain-stitch colors through the crocheted mesh.

For some reason I had it in my head that the thing was felted, so I threw the circles into the washer with hot water. 
Things looked a little odd when I threw the circles into the dryer.
However, I will persevere.

While I was weaving the chains through the mesh, It occured to me that this might make a nice thick crocheted rug if it were bigger.  I think that I might try that next. 
I bet you're wondering what my pouf looks like! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the first 3 comments aren't quilters, lol! Love the pouf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti, I don't know why there seems to be all this spam all of a sudden... I think I deleted most of it, I meant to put in a picture of my finished Pouf, but I forgot. It looks quite grey, but it makes a cozy cushion,

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;