Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mid-August

The summer is passing at an alarming pace.  I don't seem to take many photos lately, and so I'm just going to make an entry with no pictures.  I've been working at the shop about 4 days per week this summer (since July 1st) so I've been able to see a lot of people in person.  It has been nice to see what you've been working on, and to meet new people as well-  travelers that are visiting Saskatoon, as well as some newer quilters. 
We moved out of our cabin, as I might have mentioned, and that was good.   Now, we have been painting our house in Asquith.  Lots of paint scraping, washing the siding, and painting windowsills and siding.  It hasn't been too bad, since the weather has been really great. 
As well, store planning has been busy, --I've been trying to make up a new pattern, and sew up a bunch of samples for new kits.  As well, I ordered fabric for the Saturday Sampler blocks, which was a bit stressful.  It always is, since I want to find a good color scheme that appeals to a lot of people but is one that we haven't used before. 
I ordered a huge whack of fabric in one color way, but then changed my mind. So, we'll have a lot of "Restoration" by Studio E to do other projects with.  The one that I finally settled on Is Red, Grey, Light Turquoise and Off White.  It is based on a moda grouping called "Etchings", by Three Sisters. 
The second color-way is 1930's reproductions.

We are having a party on the evening of August 25, thursday, from 6:30 to 9:30.  There will be refreshments and door prizes as well as some smokin hot specials!!! Why not drop by and have some fun?

4 comments:

  1. Oh..oh..oh...Etchings is my new favourite !!! I will have to drop in and see what you are doing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1930's reproduction - that sounds up my alley. I'll have to try to stop by so will put that date on my calendar.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. a party at Periwinkle!? Right on! !
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;