Friday, December 12, 2014

Dresden Plate Monster quilt

Well, after a concerted effort, today i finished the machine quilting on this monster... 
(You probably know that feeling where you've got so many different projects on the go that you just have to try to finish something!  It's been creeping up on me and I am going to try to get some of these projects finished off before the year end!)

I know that Ive blogged about this quilt quite a bit in the past, but its not very often that I tackle a king sized quilt, and this is the first one that I have ever done the quilting on.  it took a long time!   (plus I did it in add-on sections)
Anyway, even though there are puckers and erratic stitching, it is now ready for the last stretch, the binding.   I will need to go buy something for that, and I am thinking about going with a medium blue or that green thats used in the dresden plate locks..   It might come down to whatever is available. 
Maybe I will get this one done before Christmas! 



3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt Michelle!!
    Nancy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful! and yes - i know very well the feeling that i just have to finish SOMETHING!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a job and a half! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;