Thursday, December 11, 2014

Progress with the EPP

As the title today declares, I am making some progress with my English Paper Piecing project from the book The New Hexagon, by Katja Marek.   So far I have stitched up twelve little blocks:
there is quite a range in terms of different combinations of fabrics and shapes from one block to another,  although I can see which colours seem to be my favorites.
I am Still pondering what to do with them

Right now they are like little jewels...
I have also been thinking about whether there might be interest in forming a paper piecing club/club in the new year.   it would be something like a once/ month time... any suggestions or feedback?  






5 comments:

  1. So pretty! They definitely look like jewels. I'd be very interested in an EPP group. Once a month sounds good. I like Wed, Thurs, Fri mornings but also have a pretty flexible schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    I stumbled across your picture on Instagram today thanks to Diana Ray (@raysewcrafty). I absolutely LOVE your combination of bright solids and prints. They look like candy to me and good enough to eat.
    I'll be following along to see what becomes of these hexies.
    I wish you luck with with an English Paper Piecing group.
    Have you had a look at 'The New Hexagon - Millefiore Quilt-Along' that I'm starting in January? It is a free on-line quilt-along and uses blocks from the book. The only requirement is that each participant own their own copy of the book.
    Thank you for the lovely write-up about my book. <3
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never paper pieced but I could be interested in learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verna, it is a hand piecing technique, so you might enjoy it,

      Delete

print friendly

Recent topics;