Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finished Projects

Tomorrow is my twice-monthly coffee group meeting. There are 6 of us that get together, taking turns at each other's houses. We've done this for a long time now, over 10 years. Well, we are all quilt enthusiasts, among other things, and we try to bring show and tell of what we've been doing. This time I have show and tell!!!

First of all, of the quilts I basted last week, 3 are finished: I've already mentioned the postage stamp and the 1950's disappearing nine-patch. This is a photo of a lap quilt I started in November. It is done in 1800 reproduction fabrics and the pattern is from the Kim Diehl book, "Simple Comforts".



The other thing I will take is this pair of socks! Finished them last night, they are sort of fuzzy and cozy. I'd had the ball of sock yarn for over two years, but I had the stroke of genius that if I added in a strand of "Kidsilk Haze" by Rowan, I could use bigger needles and they would be done more quickly. And!! this is the first time that I was able to do the Kitchener stitch to finish the toe end. I finally found some instructions for it that seemed to make sense. this is a breakthrough because I have knitted a Lot of things and the endings have never quite worked properly before.
michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;