Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Some new projects, including Buttons!

I am putting in a lot of time sewing these days.  It seems I am really "on a roll".
This morning I unrolled a new jelly roll of 2-1/2" strips.."Simply Color, by V and Co for moda.  (just got it in the shop last week-- and there are chevron fabrics in it!!!)

 I'm making a second version of a quilt that I'm writing a new pattern for.


 the first version I sewed the top from these happy fabrics-- "Good Morning" by Me and My Sister from moda, (yup we have those fabrics too).
 I'm using a little bit different layout on the second quilt top,
 Of course this means that I will have TWO small quilts to quilt....
but they are only 48" x 56", so perhaps I'll get them done,

On another note, I had some more fun with Buttons!
 sewing them onto a rectangle from a cutter quilt,
 sorry this is a bit blurry, but it is now hanging up in my hall way, which was a bit dim for photos,
getting into the Christmas spirit!  I also got baking ingredients this morning, so hopefully I'll make cookies!


3 comments:

  1. what a great use of buttons :)
    perfect for the season
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love the button tree - and am now eyeing up my button collection....

    cheers!
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Change the background fabric to something a bit more christmasy - use Green buttons and bingo. A great christmas wall hanging. Love it!
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;