Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another project

I have been working on another sample for the shop.  It is really pretty, and the pattern is really easy.  It is called Pegs.  I am at the quilting stage now,

I was a bit stuck when it came time to putting on the border. I was leaning toward the gray fabric but then I went to the shop and Decided to use the gray patterned fabric that was already in the pig blocks.
I did quilting the ditch around the edges of the design and in the patterned fabric rectangles I'm just quilting a big daisy, inspired by the fabric itself. The background I'm just putting a big meandering line.

I'll add the borders later after I have the main part of the quilt already quilted. That's a trick that I learned some time ago so that I can maneuver quilts more easily when I'm quilting.
Well I hope you all had a good quilting weekend. Tomorrow's Monday, so it's time to start all over again.





3 comments:

  1. happy monday, michelle! that's a lovely quilt!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly, thank you, and happy Monday to you! I bet you were up with the. Sunrise again today.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt, Michelle. Love the colours and I am so amazed (only because I'm still newish to all of this) at the difference the quilting makes! It really does make the quilt. The quilted daisies really pop!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;