Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thread organization

I made some little dog shapes out of clay to use as thread holders for some of my stitching threads. Yesterday I spent some time organizing my threads and using the little dogs for their purpose.
These are some of my beautiful 50% silk 50% wool threads from Caron. I've been using them to stitch on another picture. This one is done on wool and its about 11 inches square.

iStitching on wool is lovely.  i backed it with a layer of quilt batting so the needle just glides through and I don't need to use a hoop because it's got enough hand that it won't pucker.  I still have some stitching to do on this piece. But I am enjoying it quite a lot



5 comments:

  1. the little dogs are sheer genius! and very very cute! organization does make things easier. that picture is beautiful too - you do such lovely work!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly, I just love the shape of this little dog, I could even use a few more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!

    Nancy b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness, I am in LOVE with those little wienie dog thread holders. Just too adorable---I am owned by wienie dogs. :) Your blocks are gorgeous too but oh I do soooooo love those little dogs... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wool applique is wonderful. Getting back to wool has been on the top of my list for a while now. Should happen now the house is livable. Are you going to carry the Caron wool/silk thread? Linda

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;