Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Jelly belly quilt in parson gray fabrics

I finished the quilt I was making with Parson Gray  fabrics. It is a pattern called jelly belly by zen Chic.  The actual pattern is for a larger quilt but  I made a smaller version. I sewed the larger version as well but it is getting quilted at the moment. I'm excited to see what Patti is going to do with it.
I used some of the shot cotton "solids" to set off all the patterned fabrics.  The outer solid is a kona cotton in Ivory.  
This is the back.  I used one of the shot cottons by Westminster fabrics, and I just love the way it feels.
I think we will make up some kits using this color way at the shop, but for the full size version.  I love this pattern, I want to make it again!  



3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try shot cotton for backing! It looks so luxurious! Beautiful quilt, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the border quilting! Very hip : )
    Can't wait to come in to the store tomorrow!

    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this in the Parson Gray fabrics, Michelle. I'll bet the shot cotton is super soft for the backing. Great choice. I, too, love the squarish border quilting in particular. I must, must, MUST learn to fmq.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;