Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

circle of friends, version two!

Circle of friends is a pattern that I wrote up a few months ago. I had made the original quilt using a wonderful collection of Fig Tree fabrics by moda, 

When we got in this collection of Christmas fabrics called solstice by Kate Spain, I thought they would look really pretty made up into this design, so we made up some kits for the store,
it is a Christmas grouping but not overtly Christmas with Santas and reindeer but they do have some wintry looking designs like snowflakes.  
I decided to start by sewing four blocks, so that people can see what they look like sewn up, 
Here they are in a small grid
I will hang this small sample in the store next yo the large Circle of Friends quilt while I think about how to quilt this using some festive quilting patterns, 


2 comments:

  1. It will be a very pretty quilt. I like simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so soft and pretty. Love the Solstice line too!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;