Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

SSS Show and Tell on Saturday

these are the pictures from the Sampler Show and Tell on Saturday!  There were some wonderful quilts!
thank you to all who came out and showed their projects, and also to those who came to ooh and aahh..
beautiful effect with a simple alternating frame around each block

using 9 blocks, with courthouse steps around each one


close up of the wonderful setting with stars and edging



the art to heart colorway

my favorite of the day!


beautiful!


here it takes on a wintry look!

fussy cut borders!  lucky girl who gets this quilt as a gift!

did that block slip? -- another innovative setting from Tillie, --unexpected and engaging

this was from a couple years ago; "A Thousand Flowers"

notice the diagonal corner treatment!

another from a few years ago, "Marleigh"

beautiful flowers from the staff!! to celebrate our 10th anniversary of being in business--August 30, 2001 until now and still going strong!  

thank you again for coming out!
and I hope that those of you who came to view the quilts here on the blog enjoyed the show as well!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quilt show for those of us who couldn't get there to see (and feel) all these amazing quilts! It looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that horizontal photo of the light colored quilt!! pretty pictures!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice - darn that my professional life got in the way of me seeing in person. I'm still thinking about the 1930's vintage fabric sat sampler for this year. HM??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, the quilts were lovely! and monika, I saw you out of the corner of my eye on Saturday but didn't get over to say hi!
    Bernie, I think that they will be fun, and hope that I will be able to post photos as they occur, m

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;