Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hello from sunny St. Louis

 We have been driving south from Saskatchewan. The photo above is taken in Minnesota, showing the incredible color of the fields being harvested.  Just like a postcard!  Monika, you would love to take photos along the road to use later for your stitchings.
Also, we stopped at a famous quilt shop in St.Cloud, called Grubers.  They were great!  Sorry no photos.  I was too busy ogling fabric and fibers.
We drove through Minnesota, then Iowa, which I also liked a lot.  Then on to Hannibal, Missouri, where Mark Twain was born and wrote about.  That was a lot of fun, but again, I forgot to immortalize our visit in photos.  It had a wonderful quilt shop too!!
ON to St. Louis, where we came to a halt for an extra day to get some car repairs.  I must say there are some really great people in St. Louis.  If you need repairs, Sig's garage is the place to go,
We should be back on the road soon, heading for Paducah, Kentucky!  and I will try to take some photos!!!




1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    It looks like their harvest is a bit behind ours. You won't find much standing up still here and the combines are out in full force everywhere. The weather is holding - it was 20 degrees today and supposed to go even higher towards the weekend. The colors everywhere are fabulous. Does make one want to be creative!
    I have almost finished my tie/crazy quilt/button wall hanging. I'll be sure to take a picture and send it to you.
    Have a safe trip.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;