Monday, September 5, 2011

Applique, 2 ways

I've been doing a bit of applique,
 I'm doing the same block in two different color-ways as part of the block of the month program at the shop this year.
So, the first block is done with fusible applique with machine button hole stitching around each piece,



For the 1930's version, I thought that needle-turn was appropriate.
However, it is a bit more time consuming.  It's been nice weather here though, so I worked on it outside yesterday. 
Today I'm trying to write up the pattern.. much less fun than doing the stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Michelle, I just love the colors in that first one, the reds and grays - just beautiful! You might just inspire me to get my sewing machine back out... :)

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;