I tried laying out the blocks so that the red squares all faced the same direction, but it seemed to regulated for me.
So I went back to the first layout, but I moved things around so that all the animals in the big squares faced the same direction.
I think I will use a small border of red, and then a wider outer border. I will have to go find those fabrics later since I only have the fabrics for the blocks right now.
I think this might be one of those projects where the quilting design is important to add to the overall effect of the quilt, so I will have to put some thought into how to quilt it.
At the post office, there was a nice display of art made by some local schoolchildren,