Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday

Spent about 5 hours doing bookwork/computer stuff today, and that seemed like a marathon.  I spent an hour sewing after that, and it was much more enjoyable.
(this shows the next border being added, but before the batting for this round has been added)
I added on another round to my Salt Water Squares quilt. 
If you're wondering what I'm doing, it is quilting it in pieces, from the center outward, so that it is easier to maneuver at the sewing machine.  I did another quilt this way one time, and talked about it  here.  It is a good technique to use for when you want to do some special free motion quilting.
I hope tomorrow I'll be able to spend a good chunk of time quilting on it!

On the weekend, I started  another project using this line of fabrics:

 It's one of the free pattern downloads on Tula Pink's website.  here
It is called Shoreline.  It seems that the center is a bit smaller than the grey parts, due to my less than perfect quarter inch seam.  However, maybe if I just quilt it more densely in the grey parts, it will all come out okay.  From this angle, it sort of looks like highrises:


(Molly, I'm glad you picked up your fabrics,  I'm sure that your little person will love what you make from them!)


1 comment:

  1. i sure do hope so!
    cheers!
    molly

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;