Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hexagons and hexagons

Why have one hexagon project when you can have two?
at least that seems to be my mode.

Last autumn I bought a stack of vintage hand pieced grandmothers flower blocks. I think there are about 45 of them. Some have two rings of petals and some have an additional round of white added. Every so often I have looked at them and wondered what I will do with them. They were quite yellowed, so a few weeks ago I let them soak in that "vintage textile soak" and then rinsed them out and laid them out to dry. I was happy with how that freshened them up.
This morning I was looking at them again and noticed a little stack of yellow linen squares on my shelf--- another rescued fabric. The color is just the same as that in the center of the pieced flowers. So I have decided to appliqué blocks down on the linen. I'm not too sure what will happen after that.

Oh, and by the way, I have another hexie project in Savannah, so I guess that makes three!

















2 comments:

  1. Love hexies! Those Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks sure cleaned up nicely too! They are going to be so beautiful put together. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I really like the fabrics in both the projects, especially that golden yellow! It seems to set off the other colors so nicely,

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;