Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ribbon Week -- Storage

I've decided to devote this week to ribbon. 
Remember, we started a Ribbon Contest yesterday!

Today I thought that I would show you how I store my ribbon at home.
 
There are probably lots of ways you could store it, these are just a couple of ways.

1. I have a few stacking boxes that are just the right width to hold the cardboard packs of rick rack (you might see them in the center box)
I cut some similar sized rectangles from acid free foam core board and wrap the ribbon around them.


2. Over time, I've collected some wooden spools that are useful and decorative both!  They are often long enough to hold 3 or 4 different ribbons on them.
Sometimes I remember to save empty plastic spools too.  They do the job.
Whatever I wind the ribbon on to, I use a small applique pin to hold the end so that everything isn't unrolling.
And sometimes, I end up with short pieces that I can't throw away.  I just use a little clip to hold them together at one end.  That way they stay all together.
If you have some other suggestions, I'd love to hear how you store yours!  Because it goes without saying that you must have a collection of ribbon --- right Molly?

1 comment:

  1. hee hee! you know me too well, michelle! i have a chaotic method of storage - and i am very attracted to yours...i also have a box (eaton's ladies' hosiery) labelled 'lace' in my gramma's handwriting - it contains the lace and ribbon scraps she had and that she let me sort through when i was very very good! i guess i know where this whole thing started, eh?
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;