Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Block 8 whirligig


This is block eight of the sticks and stones color way of our Saturday surprise Sampler program. It is called Whirligig:

I mentioned yesterday that I was doing some backstitching on the cotton linen blend that is new at the stoRe.  I  Did make some hexagon frames for the two birds that I stitched.  now I need to decide which background to use, the gray or the blue. Right now I am prewashing them to see what they look like washed.   I backstitch around the edges so they won't fray in the wash.
I was sorry that I had to cover up a little bit of the owls tail. I suppose I should have made the frame first and then made the stitching to fit within it.  Oh well, I'll know for next time.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Michelle, it's been so fun to get caught up on all of your creative projects. You are so prolific. I have to say I just LOVE your lavender sachets and those little birds you stitched. Gorgeous!! I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;