Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Sticks and Stones block 7

Can we really be on block seven already? These blocks seem to be going by very quickly. This one is called shaded churn dash. It's similar to last weeks block,  the shaded pinwheel, in that it uses variations of the colour brown.
I've mentioned before but I'll say it again: I think that the colors this year really lend themselves to variations of shading.  It might be good to think about when you're considering different setting options down the road. Which reminds me. I am sewing on the final borders to a previous year's sampler, the 1930's color way.  
For setting these squares, I sewed about 20 log cabin blocks to alternate with the sampler blocks,
I hope to use two narrow inner borders followed by a wider outer border of the green

I'm delighted and how it's looking so far. I think it will be really happy sunshine summer looking quilt. 

2 comments:

print friendly

Recent topics;