Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve!



 Christmas Eve is my favorite day in the whole season.  I like the sense of waiting for something to happen, and feeling snug inside while it's winter outside.  The days have just begun to lengthen again.  I'm not a morning person, and I really like the evening-times, and Christmas Eve is all about the night-time. 
These images are of Mary and Jesus, which I really like.
Maiolica tile from Deruta, Italy
Hand-written icon made in Greece

small icon, an excerpt from some larger painting, from Rome
nice icon, with embossed metal covering

another small icon from Rome
triptych and another small icon from Rome

Another hand-made maiolica tile from Deruta, Italy, another painter
third maiolica tile from Deruta, same artist as the one at the top of the post.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! i'm not a morning person either (i know, i know, it sounds ridiculous!) but i do love the quiet time in the morning - everything is waiting for the day to begin, and in the meanwhile, it's just....quiet!
    the tiles and icons are beautiful - i have one small repro. icon of the madonna and i love it dearly!
    cheers!
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those mother photos. : )
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I love the mother/child pictures as well,as you can tell. My favorite sculpture is Michaelangelo's Pieta, altho sadly I was not able to get up close to it.
    Hope everyone's having a nice Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;