Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Miscellaneous Stuff from today, the first of December!

Aren't these guys cute?  They are getting me into the December spirit now.  (vintage candles, found in my favorite antique store in Ithaca, NY)
This is the throw rug I acquired on Saturday at the Weaver's Guild Sale.  It is quite lovely, made by Jane Evans of Saskatoon.  I'm not quite sure what the thicker insertions are, but the rest of it is cotton, I think.

Today at the shop, Jean popped in and brought us this lovely hand made Christmas card.  It is really pretty, with ribbon "braided" in a very clever way, and sparkly red berries. 
 It looks great with the Christmas quilt Nancy made out of the Basic Grey fabrics!
 Jean also brought us chocolates last week.  No wonder we light up when she walks in. 

 I downloaded a pattern from the moda Bake shop, here,
The instructions are really good especially for a new quilter, with detailed photos at every step.  It's made from a charm pack so it sews up really fast.
I am making it in 2 colorways:
 and:

 Maybe I'll get the bindings on tonight, who can say.
Can't you just hear them singing Christmas carols?

3 comments:

  1. good grief - now things that i got when i was small are considered 'vintage'! i have several of these little choristers (and an angel) that i was given when i was small....i guess you know that geezerdom is just around the corner when...! heh heh!
    cheers!
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your caroler candles! My mom has some. They really do say "Christmas" to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;