Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cross stitch styles


There are quite a few different styles of Crosstitch that people have done over the years. Yesterday I I completed the stitching on this alphabet sampler which I got as a kit a few years ago in France.  The company's name is "Picoti, Picota" in case you want to Google it for some of other projects.
I been liking alphabet samplers for a while already and the mono chromatic style appealed to me.
I think I might add a little simple band at the top and the bottom to make it more vertically  rectangular but I will just leave it as is for today.
The photos below show another type of Crosstitch. I purchased these at a  flea-market a few years ago for three dollars each.

They are unframed and stitched on Aida cloth.  the bird pictures are rather charming in my opinion.  I don't really know what to do them but I just thought they ought to be appreciated, and so i brought them home with me.  

All of these samplers are about 10 or 11 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches tall.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your alphabet sampler turned out wonderfully. And I love the bird stitcheries...I'm sure whoever made them would be happy to know that they are with a person who can appreciate all that went into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope so, Thank you for the compliment about the sampler. I think when I brought the stitchery pieces home, I sort of intended to piece them into some sort of fabric collage-type project.... But who knows... That's a maybe, someday sort of thing.

      Delete

print friendly

Recent topics;