The last couple of days have been very computer oriented.
Catching up on my ledger book yesterday took up 5 hours! by the end of that I was pretty antsy, and it took a while to recover. So, in the evening I sewed a bit, knit a bit...
These are little baby slippers, very tiny, out of alpaca so they're very soft. the pattern is in a Debbie Bliss book. I'd like to make them in my size. Hmm.
Then I decided I needed to sew a bit. We got in a bunch of Amy Butler's Love collection on Monday, which are all big prints. I didn't have any of them here at home, but I did have some Anna Maria Horner fabrics and some other nice bright fabrics, so I found a simple table runner pattern on the Moda web site:
silent-night-batik-tablerunner.
I made it a bit longer, with 5 squares instead of four. I like how it turned out. I think we'll have to do some kits for at the shop, but in some of our new fabrics.
When I talked to Deb today, (she at the store, I am at home, working!), they were unpacking some other new fabric, another moda line called Blush, by Basic Grey, which you can see HERE.
You might remember that they did a very popular Christmas group of fabrics called Figgy Pudding. I almost jumped in the car and drove to town to see them, but I restrained myself.
Instead, I worked on a couple of patterns -- the block for Saturday, and the new version of X and O's. This was the first pattern I wrote in 2004 when Periwinkle opened, and I still think the design is good. So, I have resewn the quilt in 1800's reproductions, and am totally redoing the pattern.
Now I need to decide what to sew with the Blush fabrics!
michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
print friendly
Recent topics;
-
Because I've been in Savannah lately, Nancy has been emailing me photos of the new fabrics thathave been arriving. This week we got an...
-
I just linked up to a couple of wip wednesdays, the Canadian TN & TN, (the Needle and Thread Network), and Freshly Pieced, http://www....
-
If you haven't entered already, be sure to enter the giveaway for 5 fat quarters, which we will do the drawing for on Wednesday, May 2...
-
A giveaway draw is something that I haven't done on this blog before, although I have seen it done by others. However, a few months ago...
-
Have you noticed that often the colors of the fabrics or fibres that you make things with are reflected in your surroundings? I noticed thi...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.