Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Computer is my Friend

The last couple of days have been very computer oriented.
Catching up on my ledger book yesterday took up 5 hours! by the end of that I was pretty antsy, and it took a while to recover.   So, in the evening I sewed a bit, knit a bit...




These are little baby slippers, very tiny, out of alpaca so they're very soft.  the pattern is in a Debbie Bliss book.  I'd like to make them in my size.  Hmm. 


Then I decided I needed to sew a bit.  We got in a bunch of Amy Butler's Love collection on Monday, which are all big prints.  I didn't have any of them here at home, but I did have some Anna Maria Horner fabrics and some other nice bright fabrics, so I found a simple table runner pattern on the Moda web site:  
silent-night-batik-tablerunner.
 I made it a bit longer, with 5 squares instead of four.  I like how it turned out.  I think we'll have to do some kits for at the shop, but in some of our new fabrics.
 




When I talked to Deb today, (she at the store, I am at home, working!), they were unpacking some other new fabric, another moda line called Blush, by Basic Grey, which you can see  HERE.
You might remember that they did a very popular Christmas group of fabrics called Figgy Pudding.  I almost jumped in the car and drove to town to see them, but I restrained myself.  


Instead, I worked on a couple of patterns -- the block for Saturday, and the new version of X and O's.  This was the first pattern I wrote in 2004 when Periwinkle opened, and I still think the design is good.  So, I have resewn the quilt in 1800's reproductions, and am totally redoing the pattern.  
Now I need to decide what to sew with the Blush fabrics!
michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;