Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Favorite Patterns


 I was at the shop today, ordering stuff -- lots of thread and more flannel, and red and brown, which are flying out the door these days.  This shows the quilt I talked about a few days ago alongside the other quilt I made from the same book, except here it is in red and white, in the book it is in greens.

Speaking of red and white quilts, we hung a few in the classroom a few days ago in honor of St. Valentine's Day.  I love them.  Especially the redwork ones.  The stitching on them was done by the mother of a friend.

 I was thinking of some favorite quilt patterns.  You probably have them too.  Some of my favorites are log cabin, yellow brick road, and disappearing nine-patch.  Another one that I've made several of is the "bulls-eye" design.  Unfortunately, I seem to have given most of them away although  I do have this large pastel one. It might just be time to do another one.  I was thinking that I seem to have a lot of flannel scraps that it would be nice to make use of.  Hmm. I think this is a definite possibility. 


In the meantime, I'm rewriting the first pattern I ever made for Periwinkle.  It's called X and O's, and it was originally made with white and 1930's color solid fabrics.  I'm sewing a different size, and it's made of the scraps of 1800's stuff I've been using lately.  (Actually, I seem to have been doing a lot with reproduction fabrics lately, but am nearing the end of that particular phase.) I think it might turn out to be another "favorite"!
michelle

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Love the red and white quilts on display at the store. Especially that little table runner with the Dresden Plate design.
    This bottom pattern is very intriguing - looks "old". when you own an old house as my husband and I do I'm into things that look right for the period. Just finishing up a double 9 patch for one of the spare rooms.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agreee with you about having an old house tempting you to have old-fashioned looking quilts. our house is from 1907, btw, how do I find your blog, Patti said it's really interesting, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://blogs.usask.ca/1918_Eatons_Eager/

    Not sure if you will ever look back at this to know or if I should put it in a newer entry.

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi bernie, i found it,and have been perusing it for some time tonight,

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;