Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another "Yard" Day

I'm still taking advantage of this gorgeous weather by doing things outside-- today I did a lot of sanding and painting.  We have 2 cedar benches that needed sanding down and re-staining, which was actually sort of not too bad to do.  I need to go in to town to get some sort of varethane or weather-protector stuff, as they look sort of matt finish.  After that, I was on a roll, so I hauled out the exterior white oil-based paint I bought 2 years ago, and started on the house trim.  Funny how I can put off a project for so long and then one day, just out of the blue decide to do it! Of course, there is a Lot of white trim on our house, so I hope that momentum will see me through finishing it!  Maybe I'll even paint the shutters, since I've never really liked the color they are now.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that trim! It will sure be pretty once you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like what my summer will be like. Sanding, scrapping, filling and painting a ton of trim. Hope your momentum continues and then you can sit back and enjoy the freshnesss of it all.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;