Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Four Crosses

This is the Four Crosses quilt that I made using the Parson Gray fabrics.
 I'm not alone in observing that these fabrics seem like they would be great to use for a "man's" quilt.
 My new photo taking system has a drawback for when the quilt is wider than the wooden frame:
Have you noticed that I've combined photos into little collages in the last two posts?  I am being influenced by the gorgeous photos collages posted by FacileCecile, whose blog is on the sidebar!

As for the design of the quilt itself, it is derived from the Seven Wonders Quilt that he had a picture of in his booth at Quilt Market last autumn,

You can download the pattern for it here!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the fabrics and the wy they give the background such texture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I love what you've done with the Parson Grey fabrics. And I especially love them photographed with the old wooden trunks. I'll bet David Butler would approve. In fact, I follow him on Facebook so I'm going to give him a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! David Butler expressed his approval of your quilt on Facebook and I tried to "share" his post on our Modern Quilt Guild page but it didn't show. I don't know why this doesn't work. Sooo ... if you want to see it, LIKE Parson Gray on Facebook and see his message to you!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;