Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ongoing...

Since I made my list of ongoing projects a couple of days ago, I seem to have caught a case of Finishitis.
Yes, I seem to want to finish up some items before embarking on some new projects.  I have two pressing new things to start, but first I must finish at least one before starting a new one.
ongoing paper piecing hexagons,
 This is how far I've gotten on my Paper Pieced Hexagon Diamonds project.  I think I'll start to refer to it by a new name that's a bit shorter, perhaps "Three Diamonds" or "Diamond Rings",
 When I was working on it two days ago, I noticed that my cup seems to match the quilt perfectly! 
 Yesterday I finished this table runner.  It only needed the binding stitched down, so it wasn't very onerous
table runner with ribbon
I made it to try out some of the new ribbon we got at the store.  The ribbon with the pomegranates on is designed by Sue Spargo for Renaissance Ribbons.  The wide yellow and gray ribbon was from my stash, and is an antique French scrap.  The background fabric is a piece of silk I also had in my stash.

This morning I worked on my "Happy Chevrons" quilt.  It too is in similar colors to my hexagon quilt... I guess the whiteness of our winter has me searching for spring colors!

I think I'll hook up to the WIP Wednesday group today,

If you are visiting from there, welcome! 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Michelle, these are all beautiful and so happy looking! I do love that table runner - it reminds me of some of the traditional fabrics from Europe. Beautiful! Hope your winter days are beautiful! Greetings from cold-ish Savannah! Hugs, Sike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a case of "finishitis"! Beautiful finishes! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve making Chevron strips, they are so multi-purpose, you know? These are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also find that by february my colour-hunger switches over to greens and pinks and spring colours...my brain feels deprived!
    beautiful finishes - thanks for sharing!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexes are impressive to me. I really admire them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your diamonds look great!! I'm very intrigued by your chevron, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very good piecer and your colours are so yummy that they tempt me to start something in such spring-y colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm smitten with your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;