Monday, June 30, 2014

Criss cross bag

Another simple zipper bag, just because they are so much fun to make!

For this one, i tried another technique from the book, Quilting Modern,
to make the design, you cut the background fabric and sew in narrow strips of a contrasting fabric,
I used some red scraps, since I liked the look of them against the gray.  
this is what it looks like from the back:

to quilt it, I just sewed wavy stipes in red thread,
I was happy that I had a carved cinnabar bead for the zipper pull, I like how it echos the asian theme of some of the red fabrics,
I think I am formally addicted to making these bags now. 
What is your latest mania?






2 comments:

  1. i have to echo your sentiments about bags - zippered, tote, shaped, whatever! now - if i could just manage to make time to make the bags!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little bag! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;