Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Treasures from my Road Trip

We were away from home for eight days. On our trip I was able to visit four quilt shops.
Each of them were fun to go to, although very different from each other, that's one of the joys of travel, to visit shops and see what sort of fabrics they've chosen to stock, what samples they have sewn up, and to chat with the people working there.
Of course neutrals are dear to my heart, especially with doing the Sticks and Stones color way for the sampler program this year, but also because of the Yoko Saito books I've been making things from lately,
One shop even had some leather handbag handles that I couldn't resist, I must see about whether I can find some of these to stock at Periwinkle,
These fabrics I just liked
One of the sops had lots of Westminster fabrics, and Botanics from Carolyn Friedlander.  I know we have some of these at Periwinkle, but I was on a roll

At one shop, I even purchased some fabrics with the goal of making garments! wow! 


Although most of these fabrics aren't available at Periwinkle, we do have some pretty sensational fabrics there to supplement your stash,
So, especially if you are travelling to Saskatoon, please stop in for a chat and take home some treasures dear to your heart!


1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad other people chart their road trips by the fabrics they've found! but - buying fabric you have at the store? so 'for the win' if you like it enough to buy some when you're away! can't wait to see what you make with all your new lovelies!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;