Monday, April 26, 2010

More Adventures in wool

I don't know where the day goes! it is already 4:30, and I'm enjoying my afternoon snack, a strawberry smoothie.  All it contains is ice, strawberries and pomegranate juice.  It is very refreshing.
However, I still wonder how the past 7 or 8 hours have gone by so quickly.
I did some poking around outside, and some reading (the latest Inspector Lynley book by Elizabeth George) and of course some sewing.
I wasn't happy with the nametag I made yesterday, so I did another one, which I like better.  It is about 2" x 3", and made out of wool, thread and batting.  The squarish pink space on top is actually blank so that I can pin whatever brooch I'm feeling in the mood for using.  Since I have quite an extensive brooch collection, this is a neat-o feature!

I continued in my wool-felt bags mode....
This is a rectangular bag for which you can find the tutorial at The Adventures of Bluegirlxo.   
This is by Julie Collings, who wrote the book called "Pretty Little Felts", which is really lovely.  You should really follow the link and see the bags she makes, they are so pretty!

Following her lead, I had to add some special zipper pulls to the round top bags that I've been embellishing too!
I just love the bright green wool on the bag above!

(And, no, I did not crochet these tiny little embellishment things, but picked them up on my travels for "one day")

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;