Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Well, even though I'm sewing the nine-patches together as is, I did work on a disappearing nine-patch project today. Actually 2 items:
1. this week's saturday Surprise Block will use one for the corners:( and I must apologize for the photos tonight, I don't know why i couldn't get this one cropped right, it kept changing on me--so I made it very small) 
 2. I did up a pattern for the kid-sized quilt that I sewed a while back.  I just really liked the size of it and how it turned out.  Plus, with all these babies everywhere we can't have enough patterns for easy to sew baby quilts.   Maybe we'll do up a bunch of kits out of other fabric colorways we have in stock, batiks? flannel? who knows.
Also,
3. Picked up some really nice yarns yesterday, and today I got them wound into balls using my wonderful winder. I think I may have to make some fair-isle patterned socks!  Big ones this time, not for little people.
 4. this is an update on the nine-patch quilt. At this point, I have just over half the top sewn together. It sort of looks like a watercolor quilt, reminds me of Monet colors!  And I realized that when sewn together, it will only be 66" square!  (Plus I have a large-ish ball of monet colored 2-1/2" strips)

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;