Sunday, April 18, 2010

Report on Saturday.

Yesterday I took a trip to the garden center to "look around".  Brought home a couple of these columbine that I like a lot.  I had some a few years ago, but left them behind when we moved.  They are sort of hard to find later on, so I got them early.    I had been to the Farmer's market on 19th St a little earlier and there was a seller who had a lot of herbs available.  Her stall was pretty crowded so I didn't get a close look.
At the shop later, it was nice to see some regular customers to chat with.  I picked out some fabrics for a Kid's Disappearing nine-patch quilt kit:

The large floral on the left is what I had tentatively picked for the border, and the other fabrics were ones I just liked. 
Last night i thought I'd start the blocks, and within an hour had them all sewn, but not sewn together yet, this is what they look like on the floor:

I might shift them around a bit more before sewing them together, as I'm not sure that I like the 6 blue/green ones so evenly spaced in the center.  I think I might take it back and try some other possible border fabrics with it -- maybe the dark orange Amy Butler one would be nice?

Finally finished reading "The Children's Book", by A.S. Byatt, one of my favorite authors.  It was very long, about 600 pages? but it was mostly quite enjoyable, altho in a few sections it felt like a history lecture.  The story took place from about 1890 to 1918 among that group of people in England who adhered to the Fabian/ William Morris way of life.  This morning I started a new book by John Irving, "Last Night in Twisted River" --another long one, looks like. 
Another gorgeous day out here, hope you have a great day wherever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;