Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Peggy's Cove

I thought it was high time that I put in some quilt-related stuff for all of us quilters,
this was taken in a quilt store in Mahone Bay this morning, where they sold a lot of commercially made rugs as well as quilting fabrics,
I also visited a quilt gallery in Lunenberg, of Laurie Swim, who does beautiful landscape quilts that depict scenes in the area, her website is  www.laurieswim.com, and she offers 3 day workshops there as well.

As you can tell, it was a beautiful day to be out and about.  we left Halifax at about 11:30 a.m., and got home at about 9:30 p.m. after driving to Lunenberg, and stopping in Mahone Bay, Chester, and ending up at Peggy's Cove for supper.
 this was lunch-- treasures of the sea salad!
the following photos were all in Peggy's Cove, a very strange and unusual landscape, which sort of reminded me of Iceland.




 I kept trying to get photos of the waves crashing against the rocks and exploding into showers of droplets,

 the rocks were some sort of glacial deposit
 still a community of working fishermen


3 comments:

  1. i have seen some absolutely beautiful clothing that came from suttles and seawinds many years ago. there were skirts and vests, meticulously pieced in gorgeous colourways that reminded me of sunrises. and ocean waves. and forests. and all this before anyone coined the phrase 'wearable art', although it truly was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!
    laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your photos are totally amazing of Peggy's cove. You have such an artistic eye and see things thru the lens so well.
    As well I'm getting excited looking at your pictures - I'm off to Halifax for a 2 day conference but am going 1 day early so this will help to pick my highlights - definitely wanted to get in a quilt store plus I did goggle it and there is an antique quilt show on that day!!! Right up my alley.
    Anyway, your trip looks truly amazing. You should do a coffee "event" when you get home and we can all come out and look at your pictures!! I love traveling thru someone else.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;