Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Home!

After my three week journey, I have returned home.  I am glad to be back in my house and yard, even though it is filled with an absurd number of mosquitos.
Last night was a big rainstorm, with lots of thunder and lightning and hailstones.  It was good because the day had been quite warm and a bit muggy.  Now I needn't water the yard or garden.  The yard was looking pretty good, although the weeds had made great leaps.  Also, along the back edge of the yard there is another big pile of branches to take to the dump that are from the last storm.
I went to the shop yesterday and was very happy to see Deb and Jackie, who along with the others (Nancy, Jenn, Val, Patti and Wendy) keep things marching along so beautifully.
Did a big notions order, which seemed to take 3 hours.  well. it did take 3hours.
However, I also met a couple of construction fellows who were quite agreeable to the idea of taking out one of the walls to the "classroom".  I have been thinking for some time about making a few cosmetic changes to the store, to sort of give it a different look to keep things fresh.  So, the idea is to make it more open, and put another cutting counter/worktable back there so that people can have more room to spread out their stuff when they're thinking about their fabrics and possibilities, or to sit down at while leafing through books, that sort of thing.  I also thought that we'd paint it a lighter color to brighten things up back there, since there are no windows in that area.
Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas you'd like to see us do!!!
This morning I've been back in my sewing room.  It's funny when you get back from a trip, when you've inevitably collect various "things" which need to find a place to put.  They are good things, but it takes a bit of unpacking and putting away.  And of course, I didn't leave it in a very neat state when I left (not messy, but..)
So, this morning has been spent tidying.  Now, I need to put all my thinking toward my SEWING projects, especially in terms of samples for the shop.  I had started working on 2 new patterns before i left, so I should try to tie those up,... and quilt one of the tops, and look closely at this new Atkinson pattern-- you get the idea!  Guess I'd better get to work!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    I think that is a great idea - it does seem dark because it has no windows. The space isn't quite as user friendly as it could be so perhaps you can work all the uses into a bit of a different design. I do like the style of the store with the displays and the hutches and the different corners of stuff.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;