This is the time that the azaleas are really spilling out into bloom everywhere you look!
Just before they bloom, they have a little brown sticky covering,
they come in a wide variety of colours
And this morning the bees were really busy gathering whatever it is they gather, They crawl all over the flowers, the back of them and where it emerges from the stalk as well as inside the flowers,
And this is a pine tree, with the moss draping down from it,
These little clusters are pretty bright looking from a distance, and a nice bright yellow. They are what releases the pollen, altho I think that's about over now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
print friendly
Recent topics;
-
Because I've been in Savannah lately, Nancy has been emailing me photos of the new fabrics thathave been arriving. This week we got an...
-
I just linked up to a couple of wip wednesdays, the Canadian TN & TN, (the Needle and Thread Network), and Freshly Pieced, http://www....
-
If you haven't entered already, be sure to enter the giveaway for 5 fat quarters, which we will do the drawing for on Wednesday, May 2...
-
A giveaway draw is something that I haven't done on this blog before, although I have seen it done by others. However, a few months ago...
-
Have you noticed that often the colors of the fabrics or fibres that you make things with are reflected in your surroundings? I noticed thi...
lovely photos!
ReplyDeletethank you, it was a really pretty day today
Deletebut you must have had more rain... hope the sun shines and the flowers bloom so you can enjoy all the colours - lots of snow here:)
Deletea beautiful post! especially since the only time i've seen azaleas is when they are slowly dying in a pot....and the yellow pollen makes me think of when our trees drop it - it floats to the top of puddles and blows in drifts against the grass sometimes....glad i have no allergies to it!
ReplyDeleteenjoy the flowers and all the green things growing....minus four now, headed for plus five today - and again for the next five days! who knows? maybe spring is coming!
cheers
molly