Yesterday I did a little bit of sewing,
I wanted to do a few more reference swatches for FMQ (Free Motion Quilting),
I moved on to another project-- the antique Bonnet Girls.
These are a group of applique blocks that I bought one year at Houston Quilt Market. There are 15 blocks. They were sewn into a quilt top with plain white fabric as a checkerboard, but it was really wonky, so I took it apart and washed the blocks.
As I was handling them, I appreciated all the lovely fabric combinations that were made,
I also noticed the embroideries in the little bouquets were not all done the same:
Plus, this ladies bodice and umbrella is the exact same shade as the grey I am using for the borders!
Any ideas would be welcome.
Even though I am now home, I have some nice memories, and now for some wonderful quilts, the photo of the quilt should be followed by the n...
As the title today declares, I am making some progress with my English Paper Piecing project from the book The New Hexagon, by Katja Marek. ...
September is Upon Us Again, I don't know where the time goes. September has appeared. The days are getting noticeably shorter - I ha...
for the past few weeks I have been mostly working away on my Millefiore Quilt, this is what I've got up on my design wall, I w...
I've been working on the first Rosette for the millefiori hexagon quilt along. Its the largest one in the quilt: its the orange one in...