Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Friday Finish


Yesterday was a nice day to sit outside and do the hand-stitching of the binding on this log cabin quilt, so I am happy that it is finished.


Happily, I also did the machine quilting on the Art to Heart Sampler quilt yesterday.  I trimmed it up but haven't put the binding on it.  I am contemplating whether to make it larger by adding another wide border, pieced and appliqued.  That's sort of a big project though, so I might have to approach it on a day when I am able to fully concentrate.  Also, I would have to go buy some off white background fabric! 
So, now I must decide what to sew next.  I have a few items in progress right now.  Maybe today is the day I actually list them.

Items in Progress:
1. collage on linen background
2. Sue Spargo applique quilt (needs borders)
3. Fig Tree Ribbons (top fininshed-- needs quilting)
4. 1930's disappearing nine-patch extended block (needs borders)
5. taupe tilted checkerboard (needs borders)
6. vintage blocks that I bought but haven't sewn together-- bonnet girls, grandmothers flower garden, dresden plate
7. dresden plate Pam Kitty Morning
8. double wedding ring  (top fininshed-- needs quilting)

But perhaps it won't be a big sewing day today, as we have just made plans to go out to the Savannah Tea Room and the SCAD Museum of Art!!!
Have a great friday!

6 comments:

print friendly

Recent topics;